“High standards in uniform are indicative of the high standards that we promote at our school. Our uniform is part of our school identity and motto, uniting our pupils and we hope that they enjoy wearing it.”
At New Earswick Primary School, in conjunction with Pathfinder Multi-Academy Trust, we aim to provide the most cost effective uniform for our families. We have made a commitment to:
- Assess the overall cost implications including assessing the impact variations in uniform can have
- Avoid frequent changes
- Consider how costs affect different groups of pupils
- Engage with parents and pupils when reviewing our uniform
- Negating additional uniform for extra-curricular activities
- Engage with uniform suppliers to secure good value for money
- Grey or black skirt, shorts, pinafore dress or trousers (jeans, leggings or hot pants are not permitted)
- Red or maroon summer gingham school dress
- White blouse, shirt or polo t-shirt
- Maroon sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan (logo optional)
- Black or dark shoes
- Sturdy, black or dark flat shoes, indoor footwear (no knee high boots please)
- Wellington boots for wet/snowy conditions
Please note: school holds a selection of indoor black shoes. Your child will be required to wear these if they are not in the stated uniform.
- Black shorts
- Plain white t-shirt
- Plimsolls or trainers
- Track suit for outdoor PE. Trainers are preferred for outdoor PE
- A suitable coat or jacket throughout the year
- Hat for sunny weather
Cloakroom space is limited across school.
- Ideally, bags should not be brought to school.
- Book bags and a drawstring PE bag are provided free of charge.
- We also recommend that children bring an adult-sized shirt to protect their clothes during activities such as painting.
- If at any time children loan items of clothing from the school, please launder and return as quickly as possible.
Accessories: Jewellery & Hair & Nails
- Earrings should be one pair of studs. Earrings must be removed for PE.
- Jewellery other than a watch is not permitted.
- Hair styles should be appropriate for school. Hair should not be coloured or glittered, fully shaven, beaded or extended including the addition of woollen or synthetic hair.
- Long hair (shoulder length and longer) should be tied back at all times.
- False nails, both stick on and acrylic, are not permitted.
- Nail varnish should not be worn at school.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL ITEMS OF CLOTHING, EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY BELONGING TO YOUR CHILD ARE CLEARLY LABELLED WITH THEIR NAME.
We have a uniform shop in school where free uniform can be purchased. We stock a range of all aspects of our uniform including:
- jumpers and cardigans
- trousers, skirts and shorts
Lots of our families use the shop and we are always appreciative of any uniform donations.
Our uniform shop is always open during parents’ evenings.
All of our uniform is available to buy from our stockist Get Branded, who are based at Clifton Moor, York.
uniform policy 2023